Getting a clean test
To begin a clean test; stop any ongoing downloads such as peer-to-peer software.
Simplify the picture; try using a wired Ethernet connection to eliminate the possibility of wireless interference.
Don't Be Surprise!
It is natural, your tested result will be less than your service provider's offered. [more]
What caused the difference...
- amount of traffic on the shared Internet at any given time
- processing speeds and capacity of the servers and routers that host the speed test application
- network condition and simultaneous users sharing the same broadband connection with your computer
- operating system & web browser on your computer
- system configurations of your computer, including type of CPU, amount of RAM, speed of your hard disk drive, etc.
- performance of the broadband router that your computer is connecting to
- access technology used to connect your computer: wired, WiFi, 3G, HSPA, etc.
- and other network conditions [back]